I just completed an American Model Builders, Inc., Laserkit Xpress Loft Barn kit. The 1st image is of an O scale version of the kit as intended to be built and used for advertising. The 2nd 3 images show the kit almost ready to install on the layout. I am not sure of the final location for the installation, and I still need to remove some of the fuzz and further weather the kit before I hit the model will Dulcote.
I replaced the kit's sub roof with 1/64th" thick plywood from Northeastern Scale Lumber. I used Bar Mills shingles for the roof rather than the roll roofing supplied with the kit. I also added scratch-built door handles to the side doors and the pulley mechanism over the upper loft door. The pulley mechanism is a metal casting. I am not sure of the manufacturer.

No comments:
Post a Comment