Tuesday, August 13, 2024

A new shed

I have been constructing the largest structure for Crow Car & Foundry. While I was waiting for the glue to dry on it, I began modifying a 50-cent shed I got at a train show a long time ago. After I broke the glue joints and removed the roof, I noted that the shed was manufactured by Quick Plastic. Here are 4 images of the shed ready to go to the paint shop and then have window glazing installed.





The pilings are Evergreen Styrene 6"x6" strip, the original toy-like doors were pried off and replaced by a door from my scrap box of odd doors. The stairs are from my drawer of odd stairs and the shed annex is from my collection of small, odd buildings. I am not sure who originally made the chimney. It came from my drawer of chimneys that I have collected over the years. The original roof was sanded flat and cut so as to allow for a roof shingle overhang. I then overlayed it with Dyna Models shake shingle roofing material using Walther's Goo as the adhesive. The roof cap boards are Evergreen Styrene 1"x10". The "metal" flashing where the chimney protrudes from the side of the structure was cut to size from an Evergreen 0.01 x 0.188 strip. Finally, the door handle with lock is from an Overland Models #9171 pack. I may add guy lines to help support the chimney as well as joints in chimney sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment