Sunday, November 27, 2022

A Thanksgiving Celebration

I know this is a bit tardy, but Donna & I were able to get together with ALL of my kids and grandkids at the same time to celebrate Thanksgiving this year, even if it was on the 19th and not the actual day. My son, Brook, his wife, Nicole, and Nicole's Aunt Debbie were gracious enough to allow us to celebrate at their house. Brook cooked the ham, his first. It was great to see everyone, and we got lots of photos.  Thad's family was even able to swing by my house on their way home to see my progress on the layout. Here are some shots from the day.




I used to be the tallest one in the family. Both of my brothers are shorter than me. I can hardly believe Aiden is only 13 years old. 

Lily (back turned), Heidi, Thad, Aiden, & me. Aiden is examining an HO scale 3D print I had done of myself by mimiprints.ca. The town of LaGare is on the left half of the photo, the City of Avella is behind us, and Newport is on the righthand side of the image. The ship is "docked" at the train pier in the Delaware River. The pier is one of the 1st scenes I planned on for the railroad but will be one of the last features constructed. The "river" is just too good of a worktable as attested to by the plate glass under the ship.

Here I am explaining some of the finer points of the eventual operations scheme. I scratch built the engine house based on images of the one Grant had built at City Point, VA, during the Civil War. The doors open & close and the top comes off to show all of the interior detail.


No comments:

Post a Comment