Thursday, February 13, 2020

At looking at the blog just now, I realized I should explain the image at the top of the home page. It was photographed by me on my 2' x 4' diorama. The building you see is a kitbash from 2 Walthers engine houses, a Model Power Averill Gold refinery kit, and a tall chimney of origin which I can't remember. I scratchbuilt the roof water tower and made my roofs for the boiler house addition using Evergreen Styrene standing seam roofing. This building is the Crow Car & Foundry's building #1 you see on the track plans. The 10 ton iron pot hoppers are 3D prints from Panamint Models. Eric offers 2 styles of pot hoppers and you can see both in this shot. They replicate B&O RR prototypes used during the Civil War era and later. A later prototype version is viewable at the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore, MD. The wheelsets used in the pot hoppers are from Reboxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment